Picture this: you purchase a new set of speakers and are eager to try them out so you turn them on and you hear static. If you praise sound quality like we do, there’s no worse feeling than hearing fuzzy or cloudy sound. How can you fix this problem? See below for a few solutions:
- You may be hearing a ground loop caused by another component in the room. Try the speakers in another room along with your A/V receiver/amplifier and see if the problem persists.
- Try a new set of cables. Sometimes cables that aren’t properly shielded can cause interference.
- Invest in a power conditioner that offers isolation and surge protection.
- Connect the speakers themselves into the main L/R outputs of the receiver, if they sound fine you know it’s not a problem with the speakers.
- Check to make sure no wires are running across another electrical cord, metal duct or any other piece of equipment.
Still hearing static? Contact the experts at CitiView Audio Visual, we may be able to help you out. And if you’re looking for sound equipment for you next event, make sure to call us at 212-632-5196.